How UCC got started:
I had always wanted to own and drive a Cobra Roadster. In 2014, after careful research, I purchased an LS-427 Cobra kit from Lone Star Classics. Later that year, I was approached to invest in and become a partner of LSC. After having discussions with LSC management and in light of the fact that LSC had one of the best Cobra Replica kits on the market; I decided it would be best to create a new company, Ultimate Classic Cars, to grow the company and expand the product line.
After acquiring all of LSC’s tooling and hiring the majority of LSC’s former staff. We started moving forward to improve upon the LSC Legacy of excellent customer service and to improve upon and deliver the best Cobra Replica in the market place. Since taking control in March of 2015, we have implemented an inventory control system so that we will always have the parts you need. We have improved our production capability by adding new Body Molds and new Frame Jigs. We have a new steel supplier that Laser cuts all of our material to our exact specifications. Our new GT-427 has an even larger passenger compartment than our previous models and leads the industry in passenger comfort.
We are in the process of bringing back our 32 Roadster kit and are well along with its development. We are also in the process of bringing back our 53 Corvette Replica and are about 50% finished with making the new body molds.
We value all of LSC’s former customers and will strive to fulfill all of our customers expectations, both new and old alike.
Dennis R. Cahill, President
In 1991 the principals of Lone Star Classics were looking for a Cobra Kit car to build. They researched numerous companies and found one that would give a dealer discount if three kits were purchased. In 1992 after becoming a certified builder/dealer for various manufacturers, they decided to start their own replica manufacturing company. Copious notes were taken from their experiences with the various manufacturers. They noted all of their likes and dislikes about their experiences and built their own company accordingly. They took into consideration, parts ordering, kit building, final product quality and after the sale customer service to name a few.
Five years later, in 1997, sales had exceeded expectations and a larger facility was needed. In 1998 LSC broke ground on their new facility which was quadruple the size of the original building. In 1999 after receiving the AHA (Association of Handcrafted Automobile) award for best manufacturing practice, their production demands once again increased.
In 2008, ninety five percent of the components that made up the old LS427 were updated and redesigned to shorten build times for completing the kits. Numerous upgrades to the previous design were implemented to increase performance and aesthetics.
In late 2014 the new GT-427 was introduced. The body was improved to provide even more leg room in the cockpit, the body lines in the fender areas were improved and the chassis received a number of updates. A new independent rear suspension option was implemented as well.
In early 2015, Mr. Cahill (a former LS427 kit owner) was approached to invest in the company. His enthusiasm for the car encouraged him to create a new company Ultimate Classic Cars to grow the company and expand the product line.
The Ultimate Classic Cars team looks forward to helping you fulfill your dream of owning and driving an Iconic Cobra-Replica Sports car or any of our other products.
At Ultimate Classic Cars, we pride ourselves on providing top quality service and products. We are the top manufacturer of Shelby Replica Kit cars. We Value Quality over Quantity and Personalization over Standardization.
- LSC/UCC Voted “Best Buy” by Investment Research, Inc.
- LSC/UCC had Two Airings on Shade Tree Mechanics TV Show on American and Canadian TV
- LSC/UCC Cited as one of the best replica manufacturers by Curt Scott, industry writer, photographer, & publisher of the Complete Guide to Cobra Replicas, CobraCountry.com & KitCar.com websites
- LSC/UCC 1999 Association of Handcrafted Automobiles (A.H.A.) award for Best Manufacturing Practice
As a company, we pride ourselves on providing top quality service and products. Here are some advantages of becoming an Ultimate Classic Cars customer
- One-stop shop offering both partial and complete kits and ready-to-drive turn keys.
- Roomiest cockpit of its class in the industry.
- Tilt-steering wheel in all of our vehicles for greater ease of entry / exit.
- Every kit can be customized for each customer’s unique needs and wants.
- Easiest kit car on the market to assemble.
- 7-day Build option to have your kit complete in less time with expert support.
- Customer forum to ask questions and discuss car topics.
- 7-day-a-week tech support.
- Internationally sold.
- Tight-knit community of UCC car owners around the country.
- Hand Laid Tri-Axial Vinyl-Ester Laminate Body.
- Laser cut steel parts.
- All weight bearing items are Chassis mounted.
- DOT approved double locking door mechanisms.
- Only the highest level of name brand components are used.
- No “Donor” or used parts are ever used.